Saturday, June 17, 2006

Jarhead

This is an excellent anti-war film which chronicles a six month period during the first Gulf War. Not a shot is fired in anger during the film by our hero, Private Swafford (who also wrote the book upon which the film is based). It would easy to be critical of American servicemen after watching this film since it caters to all the stereotypes - loud music and dancing in the middle of war, regular friendly fire accidents, lots of 'hoo-ra' to anything any one in the Marines might say. However it is an excellent film which I thoroughly recommend.

2 comments:

Footlight said...

Thanks - I will definetly have a look. And thanks for visiting my blog!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

I loved this movie. Jake was awesome in it. I was in the theatre and when it ended some people were confused and they thought that the movie was missing the point. But the point of the movie was to demonstrate that there is no point to war! I really enjoyed it.

And I really love Jake Gyllenhaal. Obsessed, really. :)

Good review!