Sunday, March 12, 2006

Bewitched

Nicole Kidman (Isabel / Samantha)
This movie was a first for me - I have never before fallen asleep in a Nicole Kidman movie. I am sorry, but the film is just utterly dreadful. Nicole is OK, but it is hard to look past how bad the plot, the lines and Will Ferrell are. I have no idea why Nicole would agree to do a film as stupid as this. But I suppose she did also agree to Practical Magic.


Will Ferrell (Jack / Darrin)
I was never a fan of Will Ferrell's slapstick style of humour before this film and I can assure you, I am definetely not know. I thought he was dreadful in this movie. His character was unlikeable, the lines he delivered were appalling and his acting made the whole film unbearable.

Shirley Maclaine (Iris /Endora)
Shirley was the only interesting part in this film. At least she seemed to know how stupid a film it was an made fun at it throughout. Thank goodness she was in the movie.

Michael Caine (Nigel)
He must be desperate to be paid to agree to go in such a film. Michael is such a fine actor - I actually felt sorry that he had to stoop to these kinds of roles. Fortunately he did a good job with what he was given but all in all, a real letdown.

No comments: