Sunday, March 12, 2006

Imagine Me & You

Piper Perabo (Rachel)
I don't think I have seen Piper in anything previously and I wanted to like her in this film but it was just that she was altogether too bland and boring. The movie is weak for a number of reasons, not least because we don't really come to love the characters. That was certainly the case for Rachel. There was little complexity offered by Piper for her situation, and little compassion shown towards her father's many outbursts of honesty.

Lena Headey (Luce)
I had not seen Lena in anything previously either yet she was far more impressive in this film than Piper. Although Luce's character also lacked depth, Lena appeared to have more fun with the role and generally provided a little more substance.

Matthew Goode (Heck)
Gorgeous, handsome, dashing..... but also very boring in this film. He and Rachel are pefectly matched although by the end of the film I am sure he too is glad to see the back of her! I am looking forward to see Matthew in Match Point soon.

Anthony Head (Ned)
Anthony is the star of the film - his performance as the long suffering, unhappy father and husband is wonderful. I think he does a marvellous job in his role and I wish he had been on screen longer.

No comments: