Sunday, March 12, 2006

Collateral

Tom Cruise (Vincent)
It took me a while to get used to Tom playing a bad guy yet he did a fantastic job of it - by the end I was relieved when he dies. At times I kept thinking he was becoming the handsome, debonair hero in his other films - yet that was the beauty of this film. The ending of the movie is appropriate and I think generally it was one of Tom's finer movies.

Jamie Foxx (Max)
Jamie is clearly the star of the film. He is brilliant, engaging and thoroughly convincing. Despite some plot developments that stretch credibility, Jamie is superb and holds the film together. I wish the film had not developed the inevitable love interest storyline - unfortunately it meant that Jamie's character descended into a run of the mill action hero. Until that time, Max was just an everyman caught up in a situation out of his control.

Jada Pinkett Smith (Annie)
I loved Jada in her initial taxi scenes with Jamie. They were the strongest in the film and she did a marvellous job. As with Jamie Foxx, once the film included the love interest angle it became your average action flick with Jada playing the helpless woman who needs to be saved. I think she could have done much more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested